Thursday, March 21, 2013

You Want Me to Wear That?

I had an epiphany the other night: SHORTS ARE COMING! BIKINIS ARE COMING!!! DRESSES WITH NO BACKS TO THEM ARE COMING!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!  Am I ready for these fashions and this beach wear? HELL NO!  When you're as pale as I am and perpetually always look preggo with the food baby I carry around (maybe I'll name the baby Buffalo Chicken Wing with Blue Cheese Dip?) the words, shorts, sundress, bikini, mini skirt, and tube top aren't in my style vocabulary.  Throw in some veiny looking legs thanks to working years in retail and you have one awesome looking HOT MESS, i.e. ME

The Hubs and I are planning a trip to Vegas in September to celebrate our anniversary.  My goal is to be able to comfortably wear a bathing suit by the pool and look cute among all the other bikini-clad, big boobed women there.  So how am I going to do that?

I've become obsessed with hot yoga.  It's going to be my only hope at exercise to try and get skinny, that and trying to follow my Weight Watchers program, trying  being the operative word.  In my very first class of hot yoga I laid on my mat the whole time and thought I was going to die.  The look on my face was something reminiscent of Troll Face combined with a look of complete agony, lucky for you I have copied a picture for reference.  I wondered, as I was laying there, what the heck is everyone raving about this for? This is terrible! That night, however, I got some of the best sleep I've had in months thanks to total relaxation and exhaustion, maybe this is worth another shot?
I'M GOING TO DIE!

Now, I enjoy going to hot yoga and try and frequent it 4 times a week.  I've tried to push myself more when it comes to the apparel I wear as well.  When I first showed up I was wearing my Zella Live in Leggings and a Nike Dry Fit Tee.  That was way too much clothing, now I see why some ladies and dudes are practically naked when they are in there.  In an effort to push myself and be more comfortable with the skin I am in, I decided to just embrace it and wear some Nike booty shorts and a Target sports bra.  Yes, it was awkward at first showing so much skin and having my food baby hang out, but then I realized that everyone probably feels the way I do about some part of their body.  Good thing about hot yoga is, A. the number one rule is no judgement, whether it's with others or yourself. B. you are so frickin' hot just trying to get through it that you don't have time to be checking out other people to see what they're wearing. C. I have to take my glasses off during hot yoga anyway and am pretty much blind without them so lucky for me I don't know if anyone is checking out my cottage cheese thighs or not...winning :)

So this is going to be my challenge- I'm going to step outside my comfort zone and be just like everyone else in class and wear scantily-clad shorts and tops to yoga.  Maybe by the time I have overcome my fear of showing myself off around others, I'll be ready to rock a new swimsuit when the time comes.

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN: Have you ever done a crazy workout routine or diet in an effort to get ready for a vacation or the beach? Post your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment