Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Banks and Burritos

People who know me well know that I frequent Chipotle with my husband about once a week. Do they have stock you can buy? I think we'd only benefit from that purchase. Once in college I tried to figure out how many different combinations you could make for yourself. My graphing calculator ended up dying before I could calculate it myself and this chick doesn't do math so I will just say there are infinity combinations.

While in a meeting this week, someone had mentioned that they, are just as human as the customers who shop in our store-if you have a bad day, treating yourself to a new shirt or a pair of shoes or what have you can make you feel better-Retail Therapy is what my family calls it. Then there's me, not only do I like to emotionally spend, I also like to emotionally eat. Sometimes I like to spend first and then eat to cope with my spending. Maybe I should do it the other way so I don't spend because when any human trys something on after they've eaten a plate of food feels bloated and gross and then they don't want to buy..
.hmmmm eat then shop...NO STOP YOU'RE NOT HELPING YOURSELF!

This week, however, I was having a breakthrough. Hot yoga is not good to do right after a meal because you can feel sick from the full tummy. Hot yoga also does not make me want to eat after I do it either...shocking. When I received some bad news the other night about our rent check getting lost in the mail (thanks bank auto-bill pay) my frustration and angst about being late on a payment made me want to do what? Cope by eating. Oh look, hot yoga is done, and all this bill paying stress has worked up my appetite! Lucky for me, the burrito Mecca is just around the corner

Will I ever learn? Hopefully. I am trying to plan a trip to Vegas in September and will need to don a bikini to sit poolside. I've got to get in shape and tan my white legs before then, no time like the present! That means no more uncontrollable spending or eating- we'll be doing plenty of that in Vegas.

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN: Do you exercise Retail Therapy or food therapy or both? Please leave your comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment