Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Work Appropriate Elastic Waist Pant



So here's the first blog post!

I work in an environment with some pretty awesomely dressed people. Outside my office door you find Diane Von Furstenberg, Trina Turk, Vince, and Kate Spade to name a few.  No, I don't actually work with these greats but their work is neatly displayed in my store. All of that beautiful merchandise looks great on the hanger and the mannequin! Clean lines, pattern, style- amazing.  The only thing I find discouraging, it doesn't seem to ever fit me.  Well, no that's not it.  It fits, just not the way it was intended too. Usually it looks a little off here, or needs some tweaking there. Why is that? I know the answer...it's called, I eat too many cheeseburgers and yes, I will have a side of bacon with my frosty mug of Rogue Double Chocolate Stout.

My brain thinks, I can fit into those skinny pants or that skinny skirt.  Then I actually try it on; Bacon 1/ Me 0. All is well though, I am not about to change myself drastically to be a slave to fashion. My wallet can't afford it and my closet is already exploding into the rest of the house. 

With that said, I have been trying, I will admit not as successfully as I would like, to loose a bit of weight since what my BMI is telling me is "borderline unhealthy." I have been motivated recently by people like Jennifer Hudson who have managed to loose weight by doing what I already love to do-eat. I've been on Weight Watchers on and off since college and am at times successful and other times, happy hour chicken wings take over.

So the question I am asking myself is, how does the hungry girl navigate the stylish world?

A good friend of mine posted on her Facebook status, "Work-appropriate pants with an elastic waistband: best trend ever."  I wholeheartedly agree with this statement, however, I can't find any that fit over my calves. We're not talking runner's calves or anything muscular, far from it. I have been into hot yoga for the past 2 weeks but the body can't change that quickly.   Would someone tell me please where I can find a pair of these amazing pants for someone like me? For once it would be acceptable for me to wear what I call "eatin' pants" to work and I can't find any that fit...probably because I eat too much.

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN: What is your favorite trend right now or style want that you can't ever seem to make work? Post your comments and answers below.

3 comments:

  1. skinny jeans? hahahahha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J crew colorblock silk pant. I have them, they are amazing and will for sure fit you if they fit me! They used to come in black with a white stripe but i don't see them online anymore. maybe in the store? Ps cute blog. ;) Tori

    http://www.jcrew.com/womens_feature/NewArrivals/pants/PRDOVR~96623/99102973171/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~0~15~all~mode+matchallany~~~~~colorblock%20pant/96623.jsp

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anonymous: those are quite fantastic! I think I need to plan a trip to J Crew. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete