Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Man Repelling: I'm Not a Fan

Urban Dictionary's definition: outfitting ones self in a sartorially offensive way that will result in repelling members of the opposite sex. Such garments include but are not limited to harem pants, boyfriend jeans, overalls, shoulder pads, full length jumpsuits, jewelry that resembles violent weaponry, and clogs.

I follow @ManRepeller on Instagram.  It's interesting to see what this chick can come up with when it comes to her clothing.  Sometimes I think she looks cool and other times I think she looks like she put a bunch crap on herself and called it good.  Whenever I look at her pictures, however, I immediately think it's weird and ugly, but then I get that there is a sort of, "Back of chick, you can't step to this" vibe that she's trying to emit.  I think if I were to meet her in a dark alley, I wouldn't be able to fight her off.  That is, unless I sat on top of her and pinned her down because I'm bigger than she is.

Why is this a thing right now? I don't like to or want to repel men.  I do like to wear boyfriend jeans and sometimes a good palazzo/harem pant calls my name and I need to figure a way to make them look cute.  I don't think this qualifies me as a Man Repeller though. Living in the Northwest you see a lot of clogs...I hate to admit that I own a pair of Dansko's but I don't wear them anymore.  At the time I bought them, I insisted that they be black patent leather because "patent leather is more stylish than plain leather."  I don't know how you can make a clog stylish but that's what I was ok with telling myself.  Yes, at that time when I was wearing those I am willing to admit I was Man Repelling before it was a thing, what a trailblazer I am.  I'm surprised I didn't get a comment about them from the Hubs since he hates all shoes that look like Crocs, Birkenstock, TOMS, and clogs. 

In my realm of fashion, I ache to be able to wear a fabulous Chanel jacket or a long Oscar de la Renta gown all the time.  Those "whose a pretty girl?" pieces are what make me weak at the knees and my checkbook scream, "DON'T DO IT!"  If I had my way, I would still wear "Mad Men" esque clothing, a big flowy skirt with a massive slip underneath and have matching gloves and hat.  I would sip my martini stylishly while lightly patting my beehive hairdo, admiring my alligator pumps.  My love of things like this led me to this gem- Meet Baby Prada:


Baby Prada is my new pair of sunnies that I recently had my prescription put into.  No need to be blind with the sun soon peeking out in Seattle, I plan on rocking these everyday.  I might even don a big poof hairstyle to show off my inner Audrey Hepburn.

This is my answer to Man Repelling- I don't care for it and plan on doing everything in my power to be cute and feminine. SO THERE!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice blog..............!
    For photo designing template & make your photo more attractive and good looking
    http://elegantmemorials.com/funeral-programs

    ReplyDelete