Monday, May 6, 2013

Advocare 24 Day Challenge: Day 1

Ok so I decided that I will blog about this cleanse adventure. If anyone else out there is on the fence about trying it, maybe this will help them either make the decision for, or against. All in all, today was a good day, I didn't keel over, and surprisingly enough I am not ravenously craving chocolate chip cookies or anything like that. The Hubs, however, did a really mean thing and brought himself home a nice big, fat, juicy, tasty, yummy, slutty...ok I'm sorry, enough adjectives... Chipotle burrito and it looked so good! I think if I could handle watching him devour every bite without trying to eat my own foot I should be good for the next 23 days.

So here's how it went:
Wake up: I had dreamt the night before that I had done everything wrong, I had taken the supplements too early with the day and in the wrong order, causing me to blow up into a big purple ballon like Violet Beauregard in "Charlie in the Chocolate Factory." Who knows why that image decided to come into my mind.

Lucky for me, it was just a dream and the nice fiber drink was waiting for me downstairs. After typing this out, I don't think "lucky" is the term most people would use when I'm about to describe to you what I got to consume pre breakfast. Aren't you just so excited to hear about it!? I bet you are.

So in "cleanse phase," the first 10 days of the challenge, you have to drink this thing called fiber drink in the morning before your first meal right when you get up in the morning as a way to get the body ready to start digesting. So you mix this packet of what looks like finely ground oats with 8 oz of water and there is your beverage. Seems easy enough. I had done some sleuthing pre cleanse on Pinterest for some tips and tricks on the challenge. Most of what I found involved this fiber drink. Someone suggested mixing it with a bit of Crystal Light to help it to go down easier. Another couple of people and even my friends (thanks JB and Mizzle) just said to chug that beast quick or you'll be sorry. So I mixed it up with a little bit of fruit punch powder and down the hatch it went. It tasted like eating straw with a hint of fruitiness. I had to stop mid gulps because I was starting to choke, I now understood why phrases like "chug it like you're chugging a beer" and "don't stop till you reach the end of the glass" came into mind, I could see it start to thicken and seize up, kinda like Jell-O mix coming to life and being gelatinous. I stirred it up some more and finally polished it off. It was probably the most unappealing part of my day but I got over it. I decided tomorrow's flavor of Crystal Light mixed in is going to be cherry pomegranate.

Breakfast/Lunch/Snacks:
I won't bore you with every detail of my eating. Basically, you have to eat every 2-3 hours to keep your metabolism burning up the food. It's amazing though, after 2 hours would pass I would need to eat and once I did, I immediately felt better. The other thing I don't like about this cleanse is I can't have coffee. Yes...it sucks but I am finding its not a total deal breaker. In order to not have a massive headache today I started weening myself off it on Saturday.

I also won't forget to put in that you need to drink at least a gallon of water per day. I should just become the janitor in the ladies lounge at work so I don't have to keep sprinting from my office every 20 minutes to the facilities. That or I should move my desk and computer into the bathroom this week, but that might get awkward for some people. Just think of how efficient I'd be though! Well, maybe not. Don't think about me in the bathroom please.

Finally we came to dinner: my most favorite meal when it comes to normal food and the true test tonight for my ability to stick with it. Here I am face to face with Hubs eating his luscious burrito and I get to have for dinner, a protein, a vegetable, and a carbohydrate...sounds absolutely riveting doesn't it.

After debating for what seemed like hours but was only 5 minutes on what to have for dinner, I remembered a thing I saw someone post on Instagram about Paleo Egg salad. I had a can of tuna fish which sounded decent but of course, couldn't slather it with mayonnaise and make all delicious like normal. On Instagram, someone i follow used avocado as a way to bind their hardboiled eggs instead of using mayonnaise. It was worth a shot and at this point, my foot was also starting to look really good so i had to act fast. Yes, avocado, which is considered a healthy fat here, was not in the list of ingredients for dinner but this chick just couldn't figure out what to do instead. If anyone is reading this and starting to judge, I made it up to myself by jogging 3 extra laps around the track tonight. It's all good! Once my tuna mix was all yummy, I sliced up some bell pepper into wedges and spread my tuna salad on top. I was shocked at how much food there was on my plate and it actually tasted really good. I will post a picture of my creation since I was damn proud of myself.

So that's all for today. I have everything packed and ready to go for tomorrow. Something tells me, however, I'm gonna be dreaming about burritos tonight.



7 comments:

  1. That dinner looks yummy and creative! I'm going to have to try that! And don't worry about the avocados... They are actually fine during the cleanse!

    Oh the fiber drink! haha.

    I'm so excited that you're doing the 24 Day Challenge, and you've done your research! I can already tell you're going to do GREAT! Keep it up! :) And ....BAD hubby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! Yes...I wanted to throw the Hubs against the wall tonight! Oh the torture. More to come tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. I am going to try this tuna & avocado mix when I get home..looks pretty good..
    on Day 13 of advocare..definitely working, but oh yes..its HARD AS HELL! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just on day 2. :) Ready to eat my shoe. Is that just tuna and avocado? Thanks! Mandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Don't eat your shoe, it will taste gross and probably be full of all the crap you're trying to get out of your system. About the recipe, yes, this was just a little bit of a ripe avocado and some albacore tuna packed in water from costco. I added a little garlic powder and pepper for some flavor. Hope your challenge is bringing you results!

      Delete
  4. Great post!!Thanks for sharing it with us....really needed..Advocare has products for energy, losing weight, getting healthy and sports performance.With the discount you choose to SAVE money or EARN money. Join us, and we will help you find what you're looking for.
    Advocare challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Interesting info and keep sharing the blogs. AdvoCare provides innovative nutritional, weight-management and sports performance products. In addition, the AdvoCare business opportunity empowers individuals to explore their ultimate earning potential.
    Advocare 24 Day Challenge

    ReplyDelete