Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Advocare 24 Day Challenge: Day 2

I don't know if I am feeling super sluggish today because I couldn't sleep well last or what. It's hard to get a good night's sleep at my house in the spring and summer time. We don't have air conditioning and can't have the sliding glass door to the balcony open. The reason being, my giant baby, i.e. my kitty, likes to pry the screen door open with her claws and go out and party with her other kitty friends. That's not allowed. It could have also been that the Hubs took snoring to a new level last night and I felt like I was sleeping next to a freight train. I already wear earplugs at night and I couldn't figure out what more to do last night for comfort. I decided to just kick him and poke him until the snoring stopped.

Anyway, the alarm went off and the was the massive trek down the stairs to go drink my favorite fiber drink...not. For some reason it did not go down as easy this morning and I kind of wanted to gag. I still felt sluggish and could not move quickly enough to get a good breakfast going so I decided to drink a meal replacement shake again. I think tomorrow I will drink a Spark energy drink in the AM too, in order to avoid anymore crankiness.

Snack was the same again, hard boiled eggs and some mandarins. The whole day I had been dreaming about tonight's dinner...I was attempting to make my own Chipotle Burrito Bowl. I found a bunch of copycat recipes and could not wait to give them a shot. I will post pictures of tonight's creation below. 

At lunch, I had to get fancy again with tuna. I decided to just eat it cold out of the can and mix it with a little pepper. It wasn't as bad as people thought...I know, I just wanted to slather it up with some Best Foods but that will have to wait. I found out today also that there is only so much celery one can eat. I was supposed to eat a cups worth of a veggie with lunch and I had to finally push it away. No wonder skinny models are so...skinny, with the amount of time if takes you to chew up one fibrous piece, you're already tired from all the work you've put your jaw to.  Bitches.

So dinner: I am quite pleased with myself. I marinated the chicken over night so it would be flavorful and ready to grill when I got home. I made black beans, some sautéed peppers, and even the brown cilantro-lime rice they make! Hubs was quite impressed with my creation and it tasted decent. I am excited for tomorrow's lunch because I'm taking left overs.


After day two I am not really feeling deprived or like I am on any type of strict regimen which is good for me. I do not, however, feel any skinnier right now but I'm hoping that will come in time. I will report on Day 3 tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes you will feel sluggish for the first few days of the cleanse because the toxins are coming out of your body...that's actually quite normal. Usually energy picks up on day 4 or 5.

    How's the water consumption?

    I recently go a Nutribullet, and that's been SO HELPFUL in getting all my veggies in! I haven't had so many vegetables on such a consistent basis before. Might be something to try.

    P.s. Your dinner looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Water consumption is good. Thank you for all the follow ups! I really appreciate all your support.

      Delete
  2. This has me giggling and reading it aloud to my husband, who is also doing the challenge. We just finished day 8 (the day the fiber drink comes back). I hate that thing but I am seeing results.

    ReplyDelete