Saturday, May 11, 2013

Advocare 24 Day Challenege: Days 3, 4, 5, and 6

So I decided to lump all these posts in together because I have been doing pretty much the same thing everyday. I am SO EXCITED that when I get up in the morning starting since day 4, I don't have to drink that fiber sludge. I can just drink my little energy drink and take my supplement and be done with it. The fiber drink and I will meet again starting on day 8...yippppeee :(

Variety I am finding is key when doing this cleanse. I keep having to get creative with how to make eating veggies fun.  I seem to like tuna in a can even without all my Best Foods mayonnaise slathered all over it. People at work think I'm ridiculous when I bring my green polka-dotted can opener to work with me but I don't care.

On day 3, I actually made the Hubs go get me a burrito bowl from Chipotle, however, I didn't cave and get the normal stuff on it like I usually do. Day 3 had been a very hectic day at work and I just did not have the energy to cook myself something. Yes, that burrito bowl was a lot different then the one I made on day 2 but each tasted good in their own way. I was starting to notice that I am actually able to taste my food and different favors better. I consider myself a major food person and have a good palette but I think when you cut out crap, whole foods just taste better.

Day 4's dinner was not planned out and I had to get savvy quickly. The Hubs brought home McDonald's. I have to say it was absolute torture. There the bag was, staring at me and I think it even had a smile. I knew there was delicious salty and fatty foods in there but I wasn't going to cave I had to be strong. Instead, like a crazy person, I went over and grabbed the bag of french fries out of Hubs' hand and just began to sniff them passionately. I think I took enough wiffs to get me through to the end. That night I make taco meat out of lean ground beef and served it over lettuce and added some bell pepper and black beans.

Day 5: I can't believe how salty I used to make my foods. When presented with either a cookie or a bag of chips, I would take the chips. I've never been one to like sweets very much but I love salty snacks.  I had a grilled chicken breast for lunch that had great seasonings on it but I found I wish it had more ooooommmph. I added some lime juice to it but really what I wanted to do was douse it in sodium! Why have I been doing this to myself? On the flip side, who knew sweeter things like peanut butter could taste so yummy and sweet as well.

Day 6: Today was the true test, would I be able to get through a weekend off without caving and going out for chicken wings and beer? I am glad to report that I was successful.  I learned today, however, that consuming 8 egg whites is a bit of a challenge. I could only muscle through a little bit of my breakfast. For the first time while being on this cleanse, I wanted to gag.  Well, aside from that fiber drink.

The Hubs and I went for a run and I couldn't believe the energy I had. I am getting better at running and hopefully will be able to make it the whole way around the track without having to stop like I do now. That energy I had kept me going so much, we went out again this evening and played tennis.

Ok so for dinner: The Hubs' favorite meal is spaghetti a and meatballs. I can't have real spaghetti right now so I decided to roast a spaghetti squash and make my sauce with ground turkey instead of meatballs. OMG!!!!! MIND BLOWN. I can't believe how good it tasted and more importantly, I couldn't believe the Hubs went for seconds! I will show pictures of the roasted squash and the finish product. I think I might need to go back to Fred Meyer and buy more squash because this is going to be a weekly special.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie--LOOK AT YOU! I am very impressed with your determination and your cooking skills! I've never done a cleanse (no surprise there) or hot yoga (certainly no surprise there) so now I am MORE in awe of you... Good job! I have heard that a cleanse will really re-set your body AND give you more energy--so I am looking forward to the updates :) PS: Dad is taking Zumba classes! Really!!!! Maybe I can get him to make this spaghetti for us :) Love you guys, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious Lindsey! I love seeing you evolve...I had the same transformation! That new found energy and changed taste buds are amazing. You're never quite the same again. That's why people usually STAY with AdvoCare! Good job on resisting the temptation...I know it's SO hard,but you're doing great! More updates and food pics! :)

    ReplyDelete