Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Angry, Fat Girl Inside of Me Just Wants a Margarita and a Piece of Bacon

I speak the truth my friends! Today was Day 3 of my Advocare 24 Day Challenge. I remember Day 3 the last time I did this plan. Day 3 brings with it the realization that cocktails are still 21 days away and your ass hasn't gotten any slimmer even though you feel like with all the hard work you've done for the past 2 days, you should be wearing a 6 (or insert your ideal size here) by now. Is bacon not considered a fruit? Damn, I'll have to add that to my list of the foods I am asking the FDA to consider putting at the top of the inverted food pyramid:

Bacon
Potatoes
Vodka
Bourbon
Pringles
Rasinettes with Popcorn

Goodness, it's no wonder I needed a change in eating habits...

Now, I have never been one to call myself "fat". I have learned that the word "fat" is degrading and I much prefer other words found in Webster's Dictionary such as:

curvaceous-
adjective, Informal.
1. (of a woman) having a well-shaped figure with voluptuous curves.

shapely-
adjective, shapelier, shapeliest.
1.having a pleasing shape, especially with reference to a woman's figure.

And my personal favorite:

Rubenesque-
1.Though coined in the middle 19th century, the adjective Rubenesque has flourished during the last decade or so as a polite way of saying plump, full, or round, especially in describing a woman. The word refers to the Baroque painter Peter Paul Rubens, many of whose works depict full-figured women

Today, however, was a day that I decided to throw my dictionary out the window and just go for the gold...fat...uggghhhh. Luckily for me, I shook it off for most of the day until dinner time when I had another reality check about no Chipotle for a while either, but I'll get back to that in a moment.

Last night i was cruising Pinterest looking at food and drinking lemon water out of a fancy glass with a straw when I came across this great recipe for Yummy Hummus. I had all of the ingredients in my kitchen AND it was Challenge friendly. Off to my favorite part of my house I went to whip some of this stuff up in the blender.

Now, please note: I tend to be about a 10 on the garlic spectrum, 1 being the thought of it makes you gag and 10 being Dracula might come over to check out your clothing and shoe situation (clearly I envision Dracula as Clinton Kelly/Rachel Zoe mix) but that's all, Dracula isn't staying for drinks because your garlicky essence might rub off. With that said, in this recipe for the hummus the original poster called for only one clove. I started with that in my Ninja and found it to be not nearly garlicky enough for my #10 ranking on the garlic-o-meter so I proceeded to add 4 more cloves and then a couple of dashes of Frank's Red Hot for good measure. It tasted yummy, but instead of more garlic cloves I decided to throw in some powdered garlic pzazz. My hummus finally tasted suitable to me sans salt (sad face) and I packed it into a little tupperware to have cucumbers and bell peppers dipped into it for lunch today. 

Sitting down to today's lunch, it resembled something of a cave woman feast:

-lettuce cups
-chicken thigh
-some leftover avocado
-cucumbers
-yellow bell pepper cut up into matchsticks
-hummus

The idea was to make little lettuce sandwiches with the lettuce cups but they kept falling apart so I shoveled this and that into my face, catching the glance here and there of my friends (one of them being by Advocare distributor) and making them laugh. I'm sure I looked ridiculous but I was trying real hard to enjoy these 'sandwiches' that basically made me look like a rabbit. When I opened the top of the hummus tupperware, it was if I was in the city of Gilroy hosting my very own garlic festival. I explained to my friends how EXCITED I was that I made my own hummus and my other friend gladly dipped one of my cucumbers in it to try.

I think the expression on her face translated into a 15.7 on the above garlic spectrum. "Wow, that has a lot of garlic in it. I hope you have some mints," my friend said. As I sauntered back to my desk, the not so slight garlic odor already starting to seep through my pores, I began to think about my next meal...naturally.

Some of you know this, others may not. I have been having a longstanding love affair for quite some time. It's difficult to admit sometimes but now it's out there in the universe and luckily, The Hubs has grown to recognize that he'll have to have an open relationship as well. 

Chipotle
...my love affair is with Chipotle
......I know, I'm pathetic. So of course, in the past, when I was lazy on a Wednesday evening I would drive to Chipotle on the way home from work and grab a sack of matching burritos for my Sweet Baboo (Hubs' other name that really annoys him when I can him that. I do it on purpose) and myself and we chow down. 

Well friends, not tonight. No, I didn't bring the Chipotle home, I abstained even though it would have been so easy. Instead, I broke out those damn lettuce cups again (I needed to redeem myself) and made my own Chipotle-esque meal.

It came out pretty good if you ask me-

The components were as follows:

5oz. of cooked, ground turkey I then seasoned with taco seasoning
Lettuce Cups
1/4 cup brown rice
1/4 cup black beans
Red Bell Pepper, cut into matchsticks
Scant bit of avocado
Squirt of lime juice
Couple of dashes of Cholula (please note, auto correct wants to make 'cholula' cholera. I don't know what kind of seasoning Blogspot is into with its tacos but it's freaking me out.)

So there you have it. This (insert definition for fabulous) chick managed not to ruin her challenge today and is going to be taking some much needed time away from her love, Chipotle.

Now off to make my lunch and snacks for tomorrow... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment