Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Advocare 24 Day Challenge, Day 2

Recently I have found myself in a certain state, right before the alarm goes off, of being half awake/ half still dreaming. Like the other morning I had a dream I was walking downtown with Channing Tatum and we were shooting the breeze about his relatively new role of being a Dad and my constant need for new shoes. Yes, those topics don't really relate to each other but whatever, it's my dream and not yours. Plus, any time Channing Tatum wants to spend time with me and not his beautiful wife is fine with me, we don't even have to talk, I could just look at him adoringly while he's showing me all of his new dance moves for Magic Mike 2...I can hear you laughing in the background- don't be judgin'. It is at that point that Mr. Tatum look at me and starts meowing in my face and I look at him puzzled, "why Mr. Tatum- I didn't know you speak cat." I then wake up to see not Channing Tatum starting at me but my cat, Paris who is probably just as cute but doesn't dance very well...it's now time to get up.

Now- most of you are probably thinking, I thought this blog post was about her Advocare challenge? You would be correct, however, with this blog, like most things in my life, I prefer to take the long way to telling you the story. I promise my short story about my Channing Tatum dream relates here. 

This morning's dream/awake state consisted of me dreaming about The Hubs and I on a boat with no bathroom. Why is this significant? Oh I don't know, probably because my bladder was politely trying to alarm me through my brain that IT NEEDED TO UNLOAD. This is what happens when you 60 ounces of water but don't do anything about it before bedtime, I was tired. I thought I was going to burst. Lesson learned tonight I will make sure not to drink so much. 

For those of you that have not left the blog and would like more bathroom stories...you're out of luck. I now will be sharing today's collection of recipes and no more stories about the potty...or Channing Tatum.

Breakfast consisted of a smoothie concoction I perfected from a Real Simple article I found. I decided not to use kale as I tend to feel like I am drinking grass. I substituted the kale with baby spinach, my green veggie of choice in smoothie. Here is the recipe:

2 Cups Baby Spinach (Or 2 big, heaping handfuls. It was way too early this morning to measure)
1/2 Cup of Almond Milk. Now- I used vanilla, totally forgetting about the scant bit of sugar it might have and there's no sugar to be had on the challenge, however, it's what I had an again, it was early...I went to the gym and worked it off. Just don't be like me...get your almond milk unsweetened
1 Squirt of Agave Nectar
1/2 Cup Frozen Mango
1 Ripe Banana
1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats. Some of you may be scratching your head at the idea of putting oatmeal in a smoothie but here is why I did it: I needed to ad a "carb" to this meal and oatmeal qualified. A friend of mine at work I told this recipe asked why didn't i just cook up some oatmeal and eat it on the side and I replied with, GREAT QUESTION!
Palm-full of Chia seeds. This is not a required ingredient but they were staring at me in their cute little container so I figured they should join the smoothie party.

Whiirrrrr it up in the blender and voila! I have the 2 photos here for you.
LOOK AT THAT GORGEOUS COLOR!!!!!

Some notes on this one. I probably should have either A. eaten the oatmeal on the side as my good friend suggested or B. processed it in the food processor first to make it a little finer. I happen to be weird though and like weird texture so I didn't mind it. Plus, I was so proud of myself it even tasted decent that I just enjoyed it on the drive to the Park and Ride.

Just in case you would like to have the original Real Simple smoothie recipe because my cockamamy one scares you (don't worry I understand) here it is for you: Real Simple 
See those white specks...that would be the oatmeal...just go with it








I actually got my butt to the gym today too! First time in 3 months. I wish I could tell you I made this awesome dinner and am going to take the blogging world by storm but sadly, I had the leftover soup again because I was too tired to cook anything, and I needed to shove something in my mouth quickly before I started eating the french fries The Hubs brought home from McDonald's...needless to say he is not doing the challenge with me.

On to Day 3 tomorrow...I can do it, I can do it. Now off to sleep and to try and talk to Channing Tatum about life's mysteries, like how does Jennifer Aniston look so good at her age, and who was the man/woman in the Shark costume during Katy Perry's Super Bowl halftime performance? 

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I would like to buy some energy supplement or Green drink that I can include in my routine diet. I have not been taking my diet regularly for some time and that is why to eliminate health issues I really need it.

    ReplyDelete