Thursday, February 5, 2015

How to Lie to Your Significant Other With Food

I've become food obsessed...what else is new. I have been noticing lately at work, I cam constantly checking out what everyone else is eating for lunch.
"What's that?"
"What cha got?"
"Oooo that looks good, what is it?"
"Mmmmm smells yummy"

I've become annoying and I need to stop. One last "looks tasty" though...

My Home Girl at work had what she was calling Jambalaya and it looked like something I'd be able to eat during the challenge. Turns out, it was! This was going to be the perfect meal to make for dinner tonight since I was ready to hit my husband over the head with a frying pan over his eating choices for the past 2 days. Now, before anyone jumps on me and says, "he can eat whatever he wants," Yes...you're right, however, if he knows what's good for him, he'll eat what I put in front of him. I was tired of The Hubs bringing home fast food while I am doing my challenge this week so I decided to trick him.

Last night I was getting out of my car to find The Hubs coming up the driveway with TWO bags from Jack 'N the Box. He 'claims' they screwed up his order but gave him both bags of food but I call bullshit. Even though I could care less about eating something from that place, it was because he was having salty food and I wasn't that I got really mad and rage cooked healthy food...that'll fix him.

This new dish has components we both like, chicken sausage, and then ingredients I like but he would rather see on my plate and not his. I will run you through my dinner:

First I chopped some bell peppers, onions, and garlic.
Look at that color! Looks like the sunset
Then, I browned some chicken sausage in a pan and set it on a paper towel to drain.

I had some quinoa cooking in a separate pan but I didn't take a picture of it...so sorry. I threw my beautiful veggies into a pan with some olive oil and got them all sizzling.
I die...is there anything more wonderful than veggies sauteing?

 
Once my veggies were soft, I combined the quinoa, sausage, veggies, a 15 oz. can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes, and some chili powder.


The Hubs was skeptical at first but once he eye-balled the sausage he decided it was decent...here is the final photo of what it looked like on my plate
I made some cauliflower too. You can never have too many veggies
Not much else happened today during my 4th day of the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. I didn't have to drink the liquid sawdust this morning, a.k.a Fiber Drink so that was a PLUS! 

Here is the original recipe for reference: Sausage and Quinoa Jambalaya

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment