Saturday, January 10, 2015

Kitchen Dreams, Not Nightmares

Yes yes, I know! I haven't blogged in ages and there have been many requests. I didn't know you cared, whoever you are! This Hungry Girl has been busy, the Hubs and I moved into a house in the 'Burbs and since then I have been consumed with how to decorate my kitchen.

When buying a home some people dream of hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings, expansive rooms...well yeah I like that too but I am enchanted by counter space, kitchen storage, and high end appliances. Ahhhhh, the cool feeling of granite on the skin as you roll out pie dough! Oh wait, sorry you're still here and I was dreaming, I do apologize. I don't know where I got rolling out pie dough since I don't do that, maybe I was in someone else's dream-
-But in my kitchen 
-With my rolling pin rolling out pie dough
-Who uses a rolling pin without asking?That's super rude but it's ok, usually it's stuck in the drawer so it's good it gets to see a little action. Ok this is weird, I am talking about a rolling pin getting action, this conversation is getting away from me and maybe a tad innapropriate.

I'm thinking a backsplash would look awesome but what colors to pick? I wish I could enlist the help of Drew and Jonathan Scott from Property Brothers to come assist me. I would like to take a brief moment to thank HGTV for bringing hot Canadian twins to America in the form of a television show. Hot twins  who do home things...excuse me while I wipe the sweat off my brow. Ok where was I? Oh yes, kitchen...not hot twins, kitchen.

Luckily, Hubs and I got the kitchen we wanted (and by 'we' I mean 'I' because he can't even boil water). Instead of having a kitchen the size of a UHaul box I now have something I can make even more of a mess in! Good thing I live with my main dishwashing man. Instead of painting when we first moved in we got a new stove. It's not the super deluxe Viking gas range you see in all of those foodie magazines, but it is stainless steel, and large, and pretty, and gets hot (like the TWINS! Darn I said I would stay on topic), and pretty, and looks good, and it's pretty! Did I tell you it's pretty? Just wanted to make sure you know. 

I hope other people get more excited about their kitchen like I do. Of course it took finally getting into the right size kitchen before I felt this way. My college apartment had some countertop, and by some I mean none. I remember chopping my veggies on the floor and my ventilation for over the range was a window that went out over the roof with no screen. When you have a giant animal that likes to explore...bad things happen when you have a kitchen fire and have to crack something open, KITTY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON OUT THERE!?!? I hope my old landlord isn't reading this...oh well she can't charge me now. 

Well I am glad you could all come with me on my journey down kitchen memory lane and kitchen present. Sorry it got a little weird there for a second, it's something I am trying to work on in 2015, not being weird, but we all know that is impossible for me. Now to try and not have any fires in the new cooking space...not that I would ever do that....maybe I should go check and see where the fire extinguisher is.

Old stove

New stove! Much better right? If you disagree we cannot be friends. That's not true, I'll still be your friend but we'll just be in disagreement about this but it's nothing a glass of wine between friends can't solve :)

No comments:

Post a Comment